Quick Sprout has everything you need to become a world-class digital marketer. We’ve included it all below.
Treat this page as a syllabus, start at the top and work your way down.
When you get to the end, you’ll know more about digital marketing than most CMOs that we’ve worked with.
Digital Marketing 101
Before you start getting into the tactical stuff, get a strong foundation. The principles from these guides will improve every marketing project you pursue. Considering how fast channels and tactics change in digital marketing, the best way to stay ahead is to have a firm grounding in all the core principles. That’ll help you take advantage of tactics and new channels as they develop.
- Beginners Guide to Online Marketing
- 25 Ways To Increase Website Traffic
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Building an Audience Before Your Business Launches
- The Top 9 Marketing Trends
- The Power Of Emotional Marketing
- How to Tell Your Brand’s Story
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Reader Personas
Starting a Website
Every digital marketing strategy starts with a website. These guides break down exactly how the pros build websites:
- How to Create a Website in 120 Minutes
- How to Plan Out Your New Website
- The 5 Best Website Builders
- The 5 Best Domain Registrars
- The Best Web Hosting Companies
- 7 Reasons Why You Do NOT Need to Hire a Website Designer
- The 22 Key Elements of a High Quality Website
- Website Speed
- Website Usability
- Website Security
- Website Mobile Friendliness
Starting a Blog
Blogging is a huge component of digital marketing. We’ve used blogging to drive millions of visitors be month, build email lists of 700,000 people, and get 8,000 leads/month for a B2B SaaS business. Nothing scales and has the profitably like blogging.
- How to Start a Blog
- Best Blogging Platforms / Blog Sites
- Best WordPress Themes for Blogs
- Blog Design
- 11 Things We Wish We Knew Before We Started My Our Blog
- The Top 12 Tips for Running a Successful Video Blog
- 10 Lessons Seth Godin Can Teach You About Blogging
- 100 Lessons Learned from 10 Years of Blogging
Ecommerce is a game all its own and can be a fantastic business. All of our best tips are here:
- Best Ecommerce Platforms
- How to Start an Online Store
- How to Create an Ecommerce Website
- WordPress Ecommerce
- How to Transfer Your Website to Shopify
- Best Ecommerce Website Builder
- Checkout Process Design
- Ecommerce Color Schemes
- How to Create a Trust Seal On Checkout Page
Content Creation and Content Marketing
Blog posts aren’t the only way to build traffic and audiences, there’s so many types of content it’s hard to keep track. While it sems overwhelming at first, that also means there’s tons of options. And where there’s options, there’s opportunity.
- Does Infographic Marketing Still Work? A Data Driven Answer
- 8 Tactics to Increase Sales with Video Content
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Visually Appealing Content
- 9 Tips to Create Highly Engaging Content
- 10 Tips To Help You Find Interesting Topics in Minutes
- How to Do Curated Content RIGHT: A Step-by-Step Guide
- A Guide to Writing a Compelling Article Introduction
Advanced Digital Marketing
After you spend some time wrapping your head around everything outlined above, it’s time to start digging into more advanced digital marketing topics.
Growth hacking might be our favorite discipline within digital marketing, it generates growth using points of high leverage. So you end up getting an enormous impact with relatively little effort.
- Definitive Guide to Growth Hacking
- The Growth Hacking Process to Supercharge Your Revenue
- How to Activate Users
- 9 Tactics to Fix Your User Retention
SEO is definitely not dead. It’s as big as ever and can drive an endless stream of traffic. But it has gotten a lot more competitive than it used to be. All of our pro tips are here:
- How Google Works
- The Beginner’s Guide to Technical SEO
- How to Score Your Website’s SEO in 10 Minutes or Less
- How to Get Backlinks: The Complete Guide
- The Link Builder’s Guide to Email Outreach
- How Many Links Should You Build to Your Website?
To build a brand, social media needs to a core part of your marketing strategy. The audiences are just massive. Don’t let this opportunity slip by:
- Stop Guessing: Here’s a Social Media Strategy That Works
- 21 Social Media Post Ideas
- How to Build a Social Media Marketing Funnel
- How to Effectively Market Your Small Business on Social Media
- 11 Ways to Make a Living on Social Media Without Selling a Single Product
- Top 10 Social Media Trends
- Which Social Media Platforms Are Best Suited for Your Business?
- 8 Ways to Get More Social Shares Without Annoying Readers
No channel has the immediate impact like email marketing. Whenever I’m trying to come up with a way to get a ton of people to act right away, we go straight to our email list. Once you’ve built one, it’s an absolute goldmine.
- How to Grow Your Email List as an Ecommerce Brand (A Beginner’s Guide)
- Best Email Marketing Services
- How to Write Emails Your Subscribers Can’t Wait to Open
- How to Stop Your Emails from Being Marked as Spam
- How to Create an Actionable Drip Campaign
What if you could double the number of new customers per month with the same amount of marketing budget? That would completely change your business.
Conversion optimization has that power, it grows your revenue with the same amount of traffic.
- Beginners Guide to Conversion Optimization
- How to Develop a Customer Persona That Improves Conversion Rates
- Beginner’s Guide to Customer Conversion Funnel
- Conversion Funnels and User Flows
Go through these guides and you’ll know more about digital marketing than 99% of the people you are competing with.