Are you tired of reading basic information on SEO? I know I am. Every time people tell me about basic SEO tactics like optimizing your meta tags… it drives me crazy.
Why? Because there are already thousands of articles on meta descriptions, and there is no need to regurgitate the same old information.
Because of this, I wrote The Advance Guide to SEO. It took me a bit more than six months to complete it… but now it’s live.
Here’s what is covered in this 45,000-word guide:
- Introduction – a break down of what you are going to learn.
- Chapter 1: Indexation and Accessibility – in this section you’re going to learn some advanced techniques for evaluation and optimization of your website for indexation and accessibility.
- Chapter 2: Site Speed and Performance – we’re going to crank it up a level and help make your site run faster and perform more efficiently. This is not only great for user experience, but it’s also great for search engines.
- Chapter 3: New Search – now your site is crawlable, indexable and lightening fast. Time to ramp it up another notch with some new search elements. Search is moving towards a more semantic “real to life” environment.
- Chapter 4: WordPress – because it is the most popular CMS in the world, we are going to take a deep dive into how you can make it search engine friendly.
- Chapter 5: Advanced Data Research – after the first 4 sections, you should have a rock solid website. But there’s way more to SEO than speed, indexation and metadata. We’re going to begin our off-site SEO techniques with some ImportXML!
- Chapter 6: Keyword Research – you’ve used the Google AdWords keyword tool before, right? We’re not going to cover that here though. We’re going to go beyond the common keyword research tools and explore some less talked about ways to find the best keywords to target for your site.
- Chapter 7: Link Building With Content – I bet you’ve heard time and time again by now how important “quality content” is to attracting links, shares and, of course, traffic. This section spells out some step by step actions you can take to create your own amazing content and also how to incorporate the right techniques into that content so it performs even better.
- Chapter 8: Link Building Techniques – the first section here may be a simple list of places to submit your site to (to get followed links). But don’t be fooled! This section is packed with step by step instructions on how to capitalize on 15 link building techniques. I definitely encourage you to follow them or come up with your own ideas!
- Chapter 9: Search Verticals – If you operate in a search vertical, you’re in a unique place to capitalize on some great traffic. These areas are not as often talked about in SEO, but you can capture some high converting targeted traffic in these areas. We’re going to cover local, mobile, slideshows, youtube and more.
My hopes are that you like The Advanced Guide to SEO. As time goes on and search engines change, I will try and keep it up to date. If you see anything that needs to be fixed, feel free to leave a comment below.
If you find the guide to be too advanced, check out The Beginner’s Guide to SEO as it will teach you all of the basics.
P.S. Don’t forget to tweet about The Advanced Guide to SEO.
P.P.S. You would be doing me a HUGE FAVOR by reading The Advanced Guide to SEO, sharing it via Twitter and Facebook, and by leaving me a comment to let me know what you think.