From SEO to content marketing to even link building…I’ve created a lot of guides over the past twelve months about traffic acquisition. But what I haven’t touched on much is the topic of optimizing your site for conversions. One way to do this is by modifying elements on your web page, and another way is by optimizing your copy.
Here is what you will learn in this 30,000-plus-word guide:
- Introduction – an overview of what you are going to learn.
- Chapter 1: Laying a Solid Foundation – if you don’t understand every detail of what you are going to write about, you can’t start writing. Before you start writing, you need to know what you are selling and to whom you are selling.
- Chapter 2: How to Better Understand Your Customers and Write More Compelling Copy – by surveying your customers you can get a better understanding of how they think so you can write copy that compels them to buy.
- Chapter 3: Headline Writing 101: How to Write Attention Grabbing Headlines That Convert – you only have a few seconds to grab readers’ attention, and you can easily do this through your headline. If you write a bad headline, people will just leave your site.
- Chapter 4: 4 Persuasion Secrets of Professional Copywriters – learn the persuasion secrets of the pros; for example, how to portray the benefits of your product or service.
- Chapter 5: Why Your Copy Shouldn’t Be About You and Six Other Proven Tips For Better Writing – we’re going to teach you the writing skills you need to write compelling copy.
- Chapter 6: 5 More Secrets For Powerful Copy That Convinces People to Buy – in this chapter you will learn psychological tricks to help convince people to buy your product or service.
- Chapter 7: How to Close a Deal With Your Copy – once someone is ready to buy, you have to close them. From using calls to action to creating a sense of urgency, we will teach you how to close the deal.
- Chapter 8: Long vs Short Copy – Which is Better? – learn the difference between long and short copy and when you should use one versus the other.
- Chapter 9: How to Combine Copy and Design For Optimal Results – having great copy isn’t enough. You need your design to complement your copy for best results. We’ll teach you how to blend them together.
- Chapter 10: The Golden Rule of Copy – Test, Test and Test Some More – your copy is never going to be perfect. You have to continually test it to boost your conversion rate. We’ll teach you how to do this.
Joseph and I hope that you like The Definitive Guide to Copywriting. If you take the time to read all of it, you will learn how to grow your business rapidly through persuasion.
If you also have any recommendations or see any grammatical errors in the guide, feel free to leave a comment and point them out.
P.S. Don’t forget to tweet about The Definitive Guide to Copywriting.
P.P.S. You would be doing me a HUGE FAVOR by reading The Definitive Guide to Copywriting, sharing it via Twitter and Facebook, and leaving me a comment to let me know what you think.