MBAs aren’t cheap. If you wanted to get one from a school like Harvard, you’ll need $95,100 per year.
If you wanted to get an equivalent degree in Internet marketing, do you know how much it would cost? If you guessed free, you’re right.
All you have to do is read the 12 guides below and follow the 2 courses I outlined in this post, and you’ll be off to your career in Internet marketing.
12 guides and 2 courses
Here’s what you need to read (in this order):
- Beginner’s Guide to Online Marketing – without understanding the basics, you won’t know where to start and how to proceed.
- The Complete Guide to Understanding Consumer Psychology – if you don’t know what makes people tick or, better yet, buy, you won’t be able to succeed as a marketer.
- The Advanced Guide to SEO – Google is the most popular website in the world. This guide will teach you how to gain traffic from Google.
- The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing – blogging is one of the simplest ways to build up your authority and gain social media traffic. But creating content isn’t easy. You’ll have to follow the steps in this guide to succeed at content creation.
- The Advanced Guide to Link Building – one of the best ways to get more traffic is to get other sites to link to you. By following these link building strategies, not only will you get more referral traffic, but you’ll also get more search engine traffic.
- The Complete Guide to Building Your Blog Audience – if you can’t build a community around your brand and your blog, you won’t succeed. You’ll need to cultivate a loyal following. This guide will teach you how.
- The Definitive Guide to Growth Hacking – there are multiple strategies you can use to grow your business. This guide will teach you how to grow your business consistently, month over month.
- The Definitive Guide to Conversion Optimization – growing your traffic is only half the battle. The other half is converting visitors into customers.
- The Definitive Guide to Landing Page Optimization – by creating targeted landing pages for your different offers and products, you’ll be able to generate more customers.
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation – not all of your visitors will convert into customers right away. This guide will teach you how to follow up and keep in touch with your visitors so that they eventually convert.
- The Definitive Guide to Copywriting – as a marketer, you’ll have to write persuasive copy. There is both an art and a science to it.
- The Complete Guide to Personal Branding – in addition to marketing your business, you’ll need to learn how to market yourself. What you’ll find is that the larger your brand grows, the larger your company will become.
In addition to reading the 12 guides above, you’ll also want to gain some practical experience. Knowing about marketing isn’t enough. You’ll have to be able to implement your knowledge to grow traffic and increase sales.
To gain some experience, you’ll want to follow these 2 courses:
- Double Your Traffic in 30 Days – this course will show you step by step how to take a site from zero to thousands of visitors a month.
- Double Your Conversions in 30 Days – once you get those visitors to your site, you’ll need to start selling to them. This guide will show you what to do in order to convert your visitors into paying customers.
You don’t have to spend any money to get an education or a job in Internet marketing. Instead, you need to be able to execute.
The beautiful thing about the marketing industry is that people care only about results. If you can demonstrate that you are great at getting results, you’ll do well as a marketer.
So, what other guides, courses, or books are worth reading if you want to get a good education in Internet marketing?