As many of you already know, Twitter is social messaging site where people can communicate with each other. I started using it a year ago and at that time users were slowly adapting to it, which is why I stopped using it. If you fast-forward to today, it seems that everyone is on Twitter, which is why I started using it again. But after using it for a few weeks, I learned a few things:
- Time – just like any other social site out there, Twitter can be time consuming. Twitting away sounds simple and fast, but if you add up all the time you spent on Twitter, it can be a big number.
- Traffic – I currently have over 3000 followers, so when I twit something it can potentially drive decent traffic. Quick Sprout in general doesn’t get much traffic so every bit helps.
- Conversion – I am always looking for more RSS subscribers and commentors. Twitter doesn’t a do a good job at increasing them. This could just be my experience, but nonetheless the traffic doesn’t convert well for me.
- Branding – just like most social networks, Twitter is an good place to build up your brand. If you setup your profile with your image, network with other members, and twit frequently, people will get to know you.
- Money – if you are looking to make tons of money from Twitter, you better start looking somewhere else. Some people make a few bucks here and there by twitting about products, but I personally haven’t seen anyone make 5 figures a month off of it. Anything less in my mind isn’t worth it.
- Entertainment – if you are looking for a fun place to communicate with friends, Twitter can do the trick. It makes it easy to follow your friends and communicate with them on a regular basis.
- News – it is hard to keep up with all the news out there, but through Twitter it is easy. If you are following the right people, you can find out about important news right when it breaks.
Overall Twitter has a few Pros and Cons, which brings one question to mind. Is Twitter worth using?