Today was the first day I started getting happy birthday messages from all my readers like you. My guess is because my birthday is published on Facebook, but nonetheless I thought it was cool that I was getting text messages and phone calls from people who lived all over the world.
Unlike most people, I dread birthdays because I feel I am not successful enough. Looking back in time, I haven’t accomplished a fair amount of things such as:
- Finishing college
- Selling a company for 8 figures
- Building up my credit so I can qualify to lease a Maserati
- Quick Sprout doesn’t have 10,000 RSS subscribers (it currently sits at 3353)
And at the same time there are many things I have accomplished:
- I Started 3 companies
- Earned decent wages for my age
- Spoke in front of large audiences (repeatedly)
- Traveled to different parts of the world
Overall I am pretty happy with what I have accomplished for my age, even though I wanted to do more before I turned 23. But instead of living in regret all you can do is plan for the future and try to accomplish what you didn’t in the past. And in the spirit of me looking back at my past, I want to call in my birthday wish and request for you to do the same. Hopefully this will help you realize what you haven’t accomplished and how you can plan ahead so that you will reach your goals.