One reason you may want to become well branded is so that you can be famous within your industry. A lot of people like to be the center of attention and I’ll even admit that I am an attention junky. But if you want people’s eyes to always be on you, here are some things you need to know first:
- Don’t try to be popular – take a look at the most popular people in your industry, chances are they didn’t try to become popular intentionally. The people who usually try too hard don’t become popular.
- Be yourself – the most important part about creating your personal brand is that it represents you. If people don’t like who you are or if they have a problem with you, then that is their problem and not yours.
- Speak your mind – whether you are known to say stupid remarks or the wisest ones, don’t be shy. If you have something to say then open your mouth and talk instead of sitting in the sidelines while everyone else is passing you by.
- Don’t follow the norm – people who blend in are the ones who usually don’t become well branded or famous. I know this may contradict with point number 2, but you have to differentiate yourself from the norm if you want to succeed.
- Provide value – if you are really good at one thing, don’t be afraid share your secrets. Sooner or later people are going to know what you know, so might as well share it with them and get credit for it.
- Leave an open channel for communication – the only way people will get to know you is if you let them. This means publicize your email, phone number and any other contact information so that they can talk to you.
- Don’t reveal all your cards – there needs to be some sort of mystery about you or else people will move on to the next hot thing. By building up suspense people will always come to you instead of you going to them.
Anyone have any other ideas of how to become famous?
P.S. If you want to increase your fame you should check this out.