Some of the most creative ways you can brand yourself are obvious ones and sometimes they get overlooked because of that. Many of us are forgetting them (including me) because we’re constantly looking for and thinking of other ways to brand however sometimes the tactics that are right in front of us are the best ones.
One of these dead simple methods of personal branding comes from Noah Kagan’s playbook where he emails every single person that leaves a comment on his blog. It’s not an easy thing to do which is why you probably don’t do it, but the benefits of it are tremendous:
- You create a personal relationship with your readers.
- Your readers will be pleased that you took the time to thank them so the chances are they will be coming back.
- Emailing each commenter will create more buzz about you, which means more people will know your name and what you do.
If you want to take it one step further when emailing these individuals or anyone for that matter, you should take a page out of Guy Kawasaki’s playbook by creating a snazzy email signature such as this one:
Neil Patel (Internet marketing consultant)
acsseo.com (my boss)
quicksprout.com (my blog)
(562) 292-3834 home (best way to reach me)
email@example.com (I get way too many emails)
(888) 227-3913 office (you’ll never reach me here)
(714) 516-8286 fax (what’s a fax?)
Email signatures are pretty common which is why most people end up ignoring them. However, if you can make your signature a bit humorous as well as represent what you do then you can make it stand out. All you have to do is come up with a creative signature that represents you well and if you can’t come up with one, just steal mine.
If you have a blog and some spare time you may want to consider emailing every person that leaves a comment on your blog. It’s simple, easy, obvious, and it will help you build your personal brand one straw at a time.